We are proud to support and sponsor Liam Landymore, an 18 year old young entrepreneur and Natural Instinct fan! We first met Liam at DogFest 2015 when he won the ‘Unsung Heroes’ award, an award sponsored by Natural Instinct.
Liam suffered a traumatic event when he was just 7 years old, which resulted in him suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and depression for 10 years. Within this time Liam was supported by ‘Dogs Helping Kids’ (DHK) and his family welcomed Charlie, his fun loving Labrador into their home. Liam trained Charlie with the assistance of DHK to become his ‘Support School Dog’. The bond Liam and Charlie now share is unbreakable and in many ways Charlie has saved Liam’s life!
Liam has been very busy since then winning awards and undergoing some fantastic achievements:
• Liam won the Dogs Today Magazine ‘Unsung Heros’ award at Dog Fest 2015
• Liam was a finalist in Radio One Teen Hero Awards
• Liam was a finalist in North Devon Community Award for Young Community Champion
• Liam won the Young Animal Enthusiast of the year award 2016 at the Daily Mirror’s Animal Hero awards!
• Liam won the Young Kennel Clubs Good Buddy Awards at Cruft’s 2017
• Liam part owns The Haven Dog Centre LTD with his mum, offering positive dog training to all ages and abilities
• Liam is inspiring his generation to take part in positive dog training. Liam launched his fantastic new website ‘Liams MOB: Men On Board’ www.liams-mob.com which is sponsored by us! This is an extension to the charity Dogs Helping Kids. Liam's aim is to get more 'Men On Board' to inspire and encourage men to be proactive in force free, positive dog training, education and dog safety. Liam has a great team behind him including Sarah Fisher, Anthony Head, Nando Brown, Steve Mann, Chrag Patel, Jordan Shelley, Gav Mulddon and Donna Saunders.
• Liam is off to the USA to do work experience with some top, very well known trainers. He is going to be writing a book about his story, which should be published next year. He has also been asked to be a guest speaker in USA at a Prison Dog Programme Graduation. WOW!!
We could not be prouder of Liam and his significant achievements. We are not only passionate about pets but also about giving back to individuals who are devoted to animals too and Liam is definitely one of these individuals. Congratulations to Liam for inspiring the younger generation and making a difference in the dog training industry, you are a true star in our eyes!
Join Liam today and be part of the solution, not the problem!
Don't forget to also read through our coverage of the Great Hampstead Bark Off and Paws in the Park - family friendly events supporting amazing charities helping rescue dogs find their new forever home!